Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered in /home/intowork/domains/intoworkrecruitment.com.au/public_html/wp-content/themes/intowork-recruitment-fdn/single-wpbb_job.php on line 16
Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered in /home/intowork/domains/intoworkrecruitment.com.au/public_html/wp-content/themes/intowork-recruitment-fdn/single-wpbb_job.php on line 17
FindStaff provides comprehensive employment solutions across both blue and white collar industries. FindStaff have over 30 years’ involvement in sourcing professional, experienced and astute candidates for businesses of all sizes & requirements.
Our Client is Australia’s largest independent specialist “Sensitive Freight carrier” with depots in all capital cities and major centres including Launceston, Cairns, Townsville, Albury and Newcastle. They offer tailored, secure and reliable service.
Our Client is looking for an experienced Dockhand for their Launceston depot to efficiently sort, pack, load, unload and store items for delivery using safe handling techniques and automated or manual handling equipment as required, to minimise risk of damage and injury and ensure on time delivery to the customer. Monday – Friday 8am – 4pm with possible overtime required at times.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Sort, unpack and repack items to prepare them to be stored or loaded onto trailers and other vehicles as per the planned daily schedule.
- Load and unload trailers so that items can be transferred to customers and or warehouses in a timely manner and so vehicles are ready for departure as per the planned daily schedule.
- Make use of manual and powered lifting devices to ensure the safe and efficient movement of goods, avoiding injury and damage to good and equipment.
- Clean the dock, warehouse and associated equipment on a daily basis to facilitate safe movement and the protection of customer property.
- Removing debris and waste from the dock, warehouse and vehicles, and dispose of in dedicated areas.
- Report immediately to the supervisor all injuries, near misses, equipment faults and breakdowns and damage to customer goods.
- Maintain line-haul bars, boards and other equipment to maximise their working life and minimise damage and expensive repairs.
- Follow security procedures such that goods, plant and premises are protected from loss or damage.
- Maintain housekeeping activities including pallet stock pile.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Forklift Licence
- Warehouse experience is advantageous
- Excellent communication skills
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Ability to pass random Drug & Alcohol testing
- Police Check Preferable
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV