Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered in /home/intowork/domains/intoworkrecruitment.com.au/public_html/wp-content/themes/intowork-recruitment-fdn/single-wpbb_job.php on line 16
Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered in /home/intowork/domains/intoworkrecruitment.com.au/public_html/wp-content/themes/intowork-recruitment-fdn/single-wpbb_job.php on line 17
Mas National are currently seeking an experienced Field Mentor to join their Launceston team, commencing ASAP on a full time basis.
About the Company:
Mas is a non-for-profit business, part of IntoWork Group and well regarded as an Industry Leader providing high quality Australian Apprenticeship Support Network (AASN) services. At Mas National, we pride ourselves on the high quality service and support we have delivered to our Apprentices, Trainees and Employers across Victoria, South Australia, Tasmania and Queensland for over 20 years.
About the role:
Mas Field Mentors deliver an essential part of the MAS Experience In-Training Support service which is a free and tailored service to assist our clients. The Field Mentor role provides high level support to apprentices and trainees to overcome workplace and personal barriers that may impact employment & training. The primary focus of the position is to work with at risk apprentices and trainees, performing functions including but not limited to mentoring, education, mediation and well-being support.
The Field Mentor is responsible for providing strategies to both Australian Apprentices and employers in order to overcome difficulties. All cases are also required to have an Apprenticeship Maintenance Plan created, outlining actions and strategies to increase likelihood of completion. All functions of the Field Mentors are performed with the aim of preserving employment and training. This position will be servicing the state of Tasmania.
- Manage a caseload of ‘at risk’ Australian Apprentices with caseload numbers to be determined in conjunction with management.
- Develop rapport and trust with Australian Apprentices by regularly communicating through face to face visits, phone calls and visual electronic means.
- Conduct workplace visits with Australian Apprentices and their employers to work through issues and provide support including but not limited to mentoring and mediation.
- Liaising with external agencies such as state based support services and Registered Training Organisations to address issues and ensure challenges are dealt with properly.
- Develop a network of specialist services for apprentices deemed at risk and refer to those services where necessary.
- Monitor progress of training and provide relevant finance, relationship, communication, accommodation, health and wellbeing support, providing referral to external providers where necessary.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Completion of trade qualification and industry experience highly desirable.
- Experience working with youth essential.
- Qualification in Youth Work, Social Work or Community Services highly desirable.
- Experience in the VET sector is highly desirable.
- Experience working with Australian Apprenticeships & Trainees essential.
- Current Drivers Licence (company car included in salary package) essential.
What we can offer you:
- A fully serviced company car
- Flexible working arrangements
- Excellent workplace culture
- The opportunity for career development within Mas & IntoWork Australia
- A rewarding role within an industry leading business, at an exciting period of expansion!
How to apply:
MAS National are proud to be being a supportive, flexible and inclusive organisation and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Click APPLY or email Hannah.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia. A current Working with Children and National Police Checks are required and can be arranged for the suitable applicant