Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered in /home/intowork/domains/intoworkrecruitment.com.au/public_html/wp-content/themes/intowork-recruitment-fdn/single-wpbb_job.php on line 16
Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered in /home/intowork/domains/intoworkrecruitment.com.au/public_html/wp-content/themes/intowork-recruitment-fdn/single-wpbb_job.php on line 17
Counsellor & Youth Mentor
At MAS Experience we pride ourselves on the high quality service and support we have delivered to our Apprentices, Trainees and Employers across Victoria, South Australia, Tasmania and Queensland for over 20 years.
We constantly strive to be an industry leader and are excited to be adding a new team of Counsellor & Youth Mentors to the exceptional service we offer. Our mentors will be invaluable to our apprentices, trainees and clients and this is an amazing opportunity to be part of its success from the start.
About the role
You will be the first point of contact, for our employers and apprentices/ trainees in crisis, across our sites. You will also perform regular monitoring of a caseload, addressing issues and providing advice and guidance. The role will be primarily phone based in Northcote working alongside mobile mentors locally. You will also:
- Skillfully and successfully mediate between parties and maintain positive engagement throughout the process.
- Draw on your prior knowledge and experience to provide appropriate strategies and advice along the way.
- Work collaboratively to achieve the common goal of keeping our client in employment or training.
Renowned for your level of empathy, professionalism and ability to engage with people; your desire to create a culture of support and understanding is second to none. For this role you will also ideally have:
- Bachelor of Youth Work, Counselling or similar qualification
- Experience working in VET sector (highly regarded)
- Proven experience working in a similar counselling/ mental health/ crisis support role over the phone as well as face to face.
- Strong working knowledge of current counselling & mentoring practices
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to interpret and understand relevant government guidelines and all State Training Authority (STA) requirements
- A good level of computer skills
- Current knowledge of the Key Priority Groups including, Indigenous people, School-Based, Mature Age People, Disability, Unemployed, Youth and Skills Shortages
The roles will be full time & permanent based in Northcote to start 6 July 2020
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia. A current Working with Children Blue Card and National Police Check is required and can be arranged for the suitable applicant.
If you would like to find out more about the role and have a confidential discussion, please call Katherine Burlinson on 0459877158 or Katherine.Burlinson@intowork.com.au. Alternatively, please apply at intoworkrecruitment.com.au/jobs