Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered in /home/intowork/domains/intoworkrecruitment.com.au/public_html/wp-content/themes/intowork-recruitment-fdn/single-wpbb_job.php on line 16
Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered in /home/intowork/domains/intoworkrecruitment.com.au/public_html/wp-content/themes/intowork-recruitment-fdn/single-wpbb_job.php on line 17
Counsellor & Youth Mentor
Mas National are currently seeking an experienced Counsellor & Youth Mentor to join their team in the Adelaide CBD.
Mas is part of IntoWork Australia, a non for profit business to provide employment and training opportunities for communities across Australia. Mas Counsellor & Youth Mentors deliver an essential part of the MAS Experience In-Training Support service which is a free and tailored service to assist our clients. The Counsellor & Youth Mentor (CYM) role provides high level support to apprentices and trainees to overcome workplace and personal barriers that may impact employment & training.
The role is also responsible for ongoing monitoring of clients at risk along with providing support and guidance to employers. All functions of the Counsellor & Youth Mentors are performed with the aim of preserving employment and training.
- Being the first point of call for employers and apprentices/trainees in crisis
Mas Counsellor & Youth Mentors provide their services through a phone Hotline with the option to conduct a small portion of contact through face to face alternative means where necessary – ensuring all Mas clients receive exceptional service.
- Performing caseload management of clients deemed at risk or who have previously been in crisis
- Performing both high and low level mediation between parties, working towards desirable outcomes
- Arming employers with strategies and support mechanisms that assist their employees to remain positively engaged
- Liaising with external agencies such as state based support services, Registered Training Organisations etc to address issues and ensure challenges are dealt with properly
- Work cohesively with CYM’s to ensure yearly contracted KPIs are exceeded
- Provide continuous improvement strategies
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Bachelor of Social Work, Youth Work, Counselling or similar degree
Minimum 2 years experience in case management (essential)
- Understanding of current counselling, social work and mentoring practices
- Maintain knowledge of the Key Priority Groups including, Indigenous people, School-Based, Mature Age People, Disability, Unemployed, Youth and Skills Shortages areas
- Ability to interpret relevant government guidelines (AAIP, AASOG, TSL, STA)
- It is a requirement of the position to undertake a National Police Check prior to appointment. In some States and Territories a Working with Children Check may also be required
If you meet all of the above criteria, please ‘Apply for this job’